- 1. What if I change my mind, what is your cancellation policy?
- Travelnista service fee: The $50 service fee is non-refundable and is a separate fee for The Travelnista’s research and allotted time spent compiling the travel quotes. Requests for 5 or more travelers will be charged a service fee of $50 per room that is booked.
Travel quotes: When possible, all quoted prices include travel protection as a precaution to protect our clients from unexpected events due to bad weather, delayed flights, loss of baggage and other unforeseen circumstances.
Once a deposit has been placed or a travel package has been paid, the cancellation terms and policies are at the discretion of the supplier in which the package was purchased.
Group trips: Due to the advanced reservations and tour scheduling, there are no refunds for group trips unless otherwise noted.
- 2. When can I expect to receive my travel confirmation and itinerary?
- For non-group based trips, quotes are provided within 3-5 business days after the $50 service fee is received. Quotes contain the travel itinerary, trip pricing and if applicable a deposit deadline. All prices are subject to change until a deposit or a required payment is made on the trip. A confirmation email is sent when a deposit or payment is applied to the trip.
Group trips are first come, first served based on the number of slots available. Group trips typically range from 10-50 people depending on the destination and available tour reservations. Confirmations are provided once a deposit is made on the trip. Deposit amounts and group trip details can be found on the Group Events page.
Group trips are confirmed at the time of submitting the deposit. The itinerary is provided 30-45 days in advance of the departure date to allow travelers time to prepare for their trip.
- 3. Are the group trips all inclusive? Does it include lodging, meals, and airfare?
- Group trips vary depending on the destination. Group trips typically include round-trip airfare, hotel or resort accommodations, pre-determined tours and meals unless otherwise stated.
- 4. Do I arrange excursions through The Travelnista, the travel destination or on my own?
- Travel quotes can be customized to include tours, excursions, theme parks and event tickets. Be sure to inquire when discussing your travel needs with The Travelnista.
- 5. What happens if inclement weather disrupts my travel plans?
- When applicable, all travel quotes will include travel protection to be covered in the event of inclement weather. Although the travel protection is highly recommended for clients it is an optional add-on.
- 6. What if I have a last-minute add-on? Can I still get the group rate?
- Yes, when applicable and available. Group trips are first come, first served and based on the number of slots available.
- 7. Are there any health concerns I should be aware of traveling to this destination?
- For the latest travel health advisories, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) site at https://www.cdc.gov
In addition, here is a handy traveler’s checklist to review to prepare for a safe trip when traveling internationally: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/go/checklist.html
- 8. My passport will expire in a few months is that OK?
- Passports should be valid for the entire duration of a trip. Using passports that are nearing their expiration date before or during travel could run the risk of a traveler not being able to leave or enter back into the United States.
Keep in mind, some countries require that your passport be valid at least six months beyond the dates of your trip. Some airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement is not met.
To apply or renew a passport please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html for pricing, processing times and other important details.
- 9. Are there any destinations that do not require a passport?
- Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John,) are destinations that do not require a passport. There are several other destinations in the U.S. that offer beautiful tropical weather and affordable packages. The Travelnista is a certified Puerto Rico Travel Expert and has a wealth of knowledge to organize a trip to the All Star Island. Be sure to discuss these travel needs with The Travelnista.
- 10. Can I use my frequent flyer miles to pay for my airfare?
- Clients are encouraged to use frequent flyer miles whenever applicable.
- 11. Do you offer travel insurance?
- Travel insurance is an optional add-on that can be added to any travel package.
- 12. I just made my first payment, now what?
- For individual travel quotes, travelers will receive a receipt of the payment, remaining trip balance and due date of final payment. Final trip payment reminders are emailed 2 weeks prior to the due date.
Group trip travelers will receive monthly trip updates and reminders as additional payments are due.
- 13. Do you offer a payment plan?
- Payment plans are available when applicable. Be sure to inquire when discussing your travel needs with The Travelnista.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Click here to email the Travelnista directly.